CoreBaby Mum & Baby Pilates Classes are specific postnatal Pilates classes for new mums (and their babies!) who want a more slow-controlled approach to ease them back into exercise after birth.
Your instructor, Claire Mockridge has worked with 1,000+ pregnant and postnatal women and is one of 200 people in the world trained in a particular biomechanics technique to help you along your postnatal recovery.
Postnatal Pilates is a great workout for new mums to get back into shape without having to organise a babysitter, and these classes can be joined at any stage. When you decide to start your Postnatal Pilates journey, is entirely up to you.
Bring your baby along with you to class in their carseat, buggy, bouncy chair, or simply place baby in the travel cot that’s provided.
Regular, gentle exercise is very much encouraged for new mums, as soon as possible after birth to aid their postnatal recovery. Nurses, Doctors and other health professionals all recommend Pilates as one of the safest forms to do post-birth, so why not make the first steps by enrolling on the next Postnatal Pilates course.
CoreBaby Postnatal Pilates Classes can be joined at any point, subject to completion of a Health Screening Questionnaire / Registration Form.
Classes are run by Claire Mockridge, an experienced and qualified Ante and Postnatal Fitness Expert who’s worked with over 1,000 pregnant and postnatal women (and their babies!).
Postnatal Pilates exercise classes in Lady Bay/West Bridgford, Nottingham, include everything you need to get toned, help heal after c-section recovery, fix pelvic floor dysfunction, rehabilitate abdominal separation, release tension and get you back into shape.
Pilates isn’t jumpy, it isn’t high-impact – it’s slow and controlled, and it has a lovely calming effect for you and your baby.
Every exercise performed in Pilates has an abdominal/pelvic floor focus to it (you may have heard it referred to as your “core”), making it highly suitable for postnatal women. Pilates irons out tension in muscles which become over-worked now you\’re a new mum, and it really focuses your mind, helping you and your baby relax.
What does a typical CoreBaby Pilates Class contain?
A typical CoreBaby Mum & Baby Pilates Class runs for an hour and includes:
- a standing warm-up (to mobilise stiff joints and prepare your body for your session)
- standing toning exercises (to tone your bum and teach you how to lift correctly)
- seated Pilates exercises (to help re-align your posture and fix those rounded shoulders!)
- pelvic floor sequences (to really focus on these vital muscles),
- floor-based Pilates exercises (to help tone your arm, abdominals and pelvic floor),
- stretching exercises (to release tension in tight muscles), and
- relaxation (to help ease those worries away after a long, stressful day…)
Why should I join CoreBaby Pilates Classes?
Pilates is a brilliant form of exercise for new mums, due to its focus on abdominal and pelvic floor strength.
Pilates is a slow-controlled form of exercise, and it can really help you:
- Re-align your abdominal muscles safely and effectively (particularly relevant if you’ve you’ve had a c-section or you have an abdominal separation)
- Ignite your pelvic floor (to tone these all important muscles, so you can laugh without leaking!),
- Strengthen, stretch and relieve tension (targeting the major muscles which you use on a day-to-day basis now you\’re a new mum),
- Introduce you to lots of new mums (so you can make lasting friendships, so you needn’t feel lonely),
- Give your newborn baby the BEST start in life (by setting a great example!)
How much do the classes cost?
Classes are paid for in short courses. A 6-week course costs £60. Refer a friend for 50% discount! Check the timetables tab for the next course start dates.
How do I book?
Click here to go to the booking page. You’ll be asked to fill in an online Bookings Form, which is required from every participant.
Next Course Starts Monday 13 March 2017
When/where are the Postnatal Pilates Classes?
CoreBaby Postnatal Pilates Classes are held on: