Mummies and Buggies Postnatal Fitness Classes are specific postnatal fitness classes for new mums who want to exercise confidently, safely and effectively after birth, with their baby
For Next Course Start Dates Please Email Claire here
Mummies and Buggies fitness/exercise classes are a good all-rounder and suitable for any new mum to join, at any point after birth. Some postnatal ladies join Mummies and Buggies Fitness Classes at 6 weeks postnatal, others join at 6 months. One thing’s for sure though, the vast majority of new mums continue attending the fitness sessions for as long as they can, because they love them so much!
Exercise guidelines change, exercises come in and out of fashion, but one thing that’s stayed the same is, women will always get pregnant and have babies. It’s important you get fit after birth, to help your body cope with the physical demands of being a new mum.
Mummies and Buggies Postnatal Fitness Classes are held indoors (so no excuse about bad weather!) and they can be joined at any time, subject to completion of a Health Screening Questionnaire / Registration Form.
Classes are run by Claire Mockridge, an experienced Ante and Postnatal Fitness Expert and Postnatal Train-the-Trainer who’s worked with over 1,000 pregnant and postnatal women (and their babies!).
These postnatal exercise classes include everything you need to improve your fitness levels, tone up and get back into shape after birth.
What does a typical Mummies and Buggies Fitness Class contain?
A typical Mummies and Buggies Fitness Class runs for an hour and includes:
- a thorough warm-up (to prepare your body for your workout),
- basic, fat-burning cardio moves using your buggy (to interact with your little one to keep them entertained),
- standing Pilates exercises (to help re-align your posture)
- standing toning exercises (to tone your arms and legs),
- pelvic floor sequences (to really focus on these vital muscles),
- mat-based Pilates exercises (to help tone your abdominals and pelvic floor), and
- stretching exercises (to release tension in tight muscles).
Why should I join Mummies and Buggies Fitness Classes?
Well, doing an hour of structed postnatal exercise, for you and your newborn baby has many benefits. Mummies and Buggies can really help you:
- Regain your pre-pregnancy fitness level (and help lose the baby weight),
- Re-align your abdominal muscles safely (using up-to-date exercise techniques, so your workout stays safe and effective)
- Strengthen your pelvic floor (to tone up these all important muscles and reduce the risk of symptoms of stress-incontinence so you can laugh without leaking!),
- Strengthen, stretch and relieve tension (targeting the major pregnancy-related muscles and those areas that are over-worked as a new mum),
- Give you the confidence you need (so you can make decisions, get on and do things and get back on track),
- Reduce your stress levels (and you give you some “me” time)
- Introduce you to lots of new mums (so you can make lasting friendships, so you needn’t feel lonely), and
- Give your newborn baby the BEST start in life
How much do the classes cost?
Classes cost £77 for 10 sessions, 11th session free and flexible attendance is provided so you can miss a class here and there, without losing out financially. Life with a newborn baby is never straightforward now then is it?
How do I book?
Click here to book directly or click here to view the timetable. You’ll be asked to fill in an online Bookings Form, which is required from every participant, just to check everything’s ok with your postnatal recovery.
Email Claire here if you have a query or concern. She’s more than happy to help.
When/where are the Postnatal Fitness Classes?
Mummies and Buggies Fitness Classes are held on: