Bump to Babe Pregnancy Fitness Classes are specific antenatal exercise classes for expectant mums who want to exercise confidently, safely and effectively throughout their pregnancy.
The pregnancy fitness/exercise classes are a good all-rounder and suitable for anyone at any stage of pregnancy.
Some pregnant ladies join Bump to Babe Fitness Classes in the early stages of pregnancy, others join in their third trimester – it’s up to you!
One thing’s for sure though, the vast majority of bumps continue attending the fitness sessions until they’re due date (and beyond!) because they love them so much and want to stay moving for as long as possible.
Don’t use pregnancy as an excuse NOT to exercise. Exercise guidelines change, exercises come in and out of fashion, but one thing that’s stayed the same: women will always get pregnant. It’s important you stay active nowadays, to help your body cope with the physical demands of labour, and what’s to come in the future: motherhood!
Bump to Babe Pregnancy Fitness Classes can be joined at any stage of pregnancy, subject to completion of a Health Screening Questionnaire / Registration Form.
Classes are run by Claire Mockridge, an experienced and qualified Ante and Postnatal Fitness Expert who’s worked with over 1,000 pregnant and postnatal women (and their babies!).
These antenatal exercise classes include everything you need to stay fit and active.
What does a typical Bump to Babe Pregnancy Fitness Class contain?
A typical Bump to Babe Pregnancy Fitness Class runs for an hour and includes:
- a thorough warm-up (to prepare your body for your workout),
- a basic cardio routine (nothing advanced, it’s all very basic moves),
- standing toning exercises (to help keep your arms and legs strong),
- seated Pilates exercises (to help re-align your posture as your pregnancy develops)
- pelvic floor sequences (to really focus on these vital muscles),
- floor-based Pilates exercises (to help tone your abdominals and pelvic floor), and
- stretching exercises (to release tension in tight muscles).
Why should I join Bump to Babe Pregnancy Fitness Classes?
Well, doing an hour of structured exercise, for you and your unborn baby has many benefits. Bump to Babe can really help you:
- Maintain your fitness level whilst pregnant (to combat excessive weight gain, and keep your heart and lungs efficient to help with the physical demands of labour),
- Strengthen your abdominal muscles/pelvic floor (to tone these all important muscles which help you deliver your baby),
- Strengthen, stretch and relieve tension (targeting the major muscles which alter during pregnancy),
- Introduce you to lots of mums-to-be (so you can make lasting friendships before baby arrives, so you needn’t feel lonely), and
- Give your unborn baby the BEST start in life!
How much do the classes cost?
Classes cost £70 for 10 sessions, 11th session free and flexible attendance is provided. So, you can switch and change between the Monday 6pm and Wednesday 6:30pm Fitness classes, miss a class here and there, or attend two sessions in one week, if you wish.
How do I book?
Nominate your own starts date, so join whenever you wish!
Email Claire here if you have a query or concern. She’s more than happy to help.
When/where are the Pregnancy Fitness Classes?
Bump to Babe Pregnancy Fitness Classes are held on:
If you’re interested in doing a Pilates class during pregnancy, click here for more information