Bump to Babe Pregnancy Pilates Classes are specific antenatal Pilates classes for mums-to-be who want a more slow-controlled approach to exercise.
Pregnancy Pilates is a great workout for expectant mums at any stage in their pregnancy. Next course starts Tuesday 25 July 2017 at 6:15pm in West Bridgford.
Classes are run by Claire Mockridge, an experienced and qualified Ante and Postnatal Fitness Expert who’s worked with over 1,000 pregnant and postnatal women (and their babies!).
Nowadays, gentle, regular exercise for pregnant women is really very much encouraged. Midwives/Doctors and other health professional all condone exercising throughout pregnancy, so why not make the first steps by enrolling on the next Pregnancy Pilates course.
Bump to Babe Pregnancy Pilates Classes can be joined at any stage of pregnancy, subject to completion of a Health Screening Questionnaire / Registration Form.
Pregnancy Pilates exercise classes in West Bridgford, Nottingham, include everything you need to stay toned, release tension and relax.
Pilates isn’t jumpy, it isn’t high-impact – it’s slow and controlled, and it has a lovely calming effect. Every exercise performed has an abdominal/pelvic floor focus to it (you may have heard it referred to as your “core”), making it highly suitable for pregnant women. Pilates irons out tension in muscles which become tighter as your pregnancy develops, and it really focuses your mind, helping you relax.
What does a typical Bump to Babe Pilates Class contain?
A typical Bump to Babe Pregnancy Pilates Class runs for an hour and includes:
- a standing or seated warm-up (to mobilise stiff joints and prepare your body for your session)
- standing Pilates exercises (to help keep your arms and legs strong)
- seated Pilates exercises (to help re-align your posture as your pregnancy develops)
- pelvic floor sequences (to really focus on these vital muscles),
- mat-based Pilates exercises (to help tone your abdominals and pelvic floor),
- breathing exercises (to help you focus your mind and to assist with labour)
- stretching exercises (to release tension in tight muscles), and
- relaxation (to help ease those worries away after a long, stressful day…)
Why should I join Bump to Babe Pilates Classes?
Pilates is a brilliant form of exercise for mums-to-be due to its focus on abdominal and pelvic floor strength. By signing up to Bump to Babe Pregnancy Pilates, you’re commiting an hour of your time, just for you and your unborn baby.
Pilates is a slow-controlled form of exercise, and it can really help you:
- Strengthen your abdominal muscles/pelvic floor (to tone these all important muscles),
- Strengthen, stretch and relieve tension (targeting the major muscles which alter during pregnancy),
- Introduce you to lots of mums-to-be (so you can make lasting friendships before baby arrives, so you needn\’t feel lonely), and
- Give your unborn baby the BEST start in life (by setting a great example!)
How much do the classes cost?
Classes operate in short courses throughout the year of 4, 5 or 6-week courses. A typical 6-week course costs £60. Check the timetable to see the start date of the next course and to check space availability.
How do I book?
Click here to fill in your online Bookings Form and make payment.
Next Course Starts Tuesday 25 July 2017
Email Claire here if you have a query or concern. She’s more than happy to help.
When/where are the Pregnancy Pilates Classes?
Bump to Babe Pregnancy Pilates Classes are held on:
If you’re interested in doing a Fitness class during pregnancy, click here for more information. Flexible attendance available!