So, when it comes to clean eating, I like to experiment a little bit with different textures and flavours and I’m always trying to re-invent those old classic recipes which we all know and love, yet struggle to come up with a ‘clean’ version for.
Following a clean eating lifestyle, where you cut out the processed junk and go back to cooking from scratch has made a massive impact on my energy levels, workout performance, weight management and mood.
If you’re not sleeping well, you’re constantly hungry and/or feeling bloated all the time, consider switching some of your meals over to clean-eating. It might just make all the difference.
So, today’s post is a recipe for clean, fat-burning Bolognese Sauce.
500g turkey mince (or any other mince you fancy)
1 onion (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped/minced)
1 pepper (diced)
3 sticks of celery (sliced)
200g green beens (cut in half)
100g frozen peas
can of tomatoes
squeeze of tomato paste
handful of black olives
fresh or dried herbs to taste (I used thyme, rosemary and oregano)
salt and pepper
dash of water
- Fry the mince in a fry pan in some coconut or good quality olive oil until cooked, and set aside.
- In another pan, saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the green beans and pepper and stir until cooked.
- Season with herbs and salt and pepper.
- Throw in the olives.
- Add canned tomatoes, a squeeze of tomato paste and stir.
- Add the mince to the vegetable mixture and stir.
- Gradually add water, half a pint at a time to the mixture until you reach the right consistency.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
Because pasta is pretty much off the ‘clean-eating’ menu, here are some side suggestions for your sauce:
- Raw baby spinach
- Steamed spring cabbage
- Fresh lettuce
Remember, it’s the green leafy veg that you want more of to help burn fat, neutralise your system and give you all the nutrients you need.
And there you have it!
Print it out, cook it up and let me know how you got on.