One thing that people struggle with when they switch to clean-eating, is giving up bread.
I’m here to tell you – you don’t have to do without bread in your quest for a clean-eating lifestyle…
…you just need to know how to make clean-eating bread instead.
I don’t eat a lot of bread nowadays, but every now and then I fancy some soldiers with a boiled egg…
…or, an accompaniment to my green soup recipe…
So, it’s nice once in a while to have some bread which DOESN’T bloat my stomach.
If you relate to that, then keep reading!
50g coconut flour
50g ground flax seed
20g pumpkin seeds
20g sunflower seeds
1/2 cup (melted) coconut oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3 pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Grease and line a bread loaf tin
- Melt the coconut oil, whisk the eggs and combine the two ingredients in a jug
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: coconut flour, flax seed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and salt
- Pour the egg and oil mixture into the dry ingredient mixture and stir till blended (the mixture should be wet, so add a touch of water, or more melted coconut oil)
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the mixture before transferring the ingredients into your loaf tin
- Optional: Sprinkle a few more pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on the top for decoration before baking in the oven if you have some extra
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until firm to the touch and golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when prodded
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing
Enjoy with soup or boiled eggs…
…or add your favourite protein filling and have a clean-eating sandwich!
Let me know how you get on.
Pop a comment below with a photo – I’d love to see how your bread turned out!
Thanks to KSFL for this recipe which I’ve adapted slightly to my own taste!