As it’s Pancake Day soon, I thought I’d give you a little recipe which is not only filling and healthy, but also clean-eating too!
For those of you who like me, are following a clean eating lifestyle nowadays, you’ll be pleased to know that even though you may be saying ‘no’ to preservatives, sugar and sweet treats…
…there’s no reason you can’t have a pancake on Shrove Tuesday.
So here goes:
1 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of honey (or maple syrup)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
coconut oil for frying
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Melt coconut oil in fry pan
- Measure out approx half a cup of pancake mixture for each pancake (or thereabouts)
- Fry until golden (NB – mixture can soak up the oil quite quickly, so add a little more oil before frying each pancake)
If you’d like to add some ‘clean’ chocolate sauce and/or fruit like that displayed in the picture, here’s what you need to do:
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or butter in a mug in the microwave
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Organic cocoa powder (I use Green and Blacks because it’s readily available from most supermarkets)
- Add a dash of Organic honey (or your choice of clean sweetener)
- Stir ingredients together until desired ‘sauce’ consistency
- Chop a selection of fruit (low sugar fruits include: berries and cherries)
- Warm them through in a fry/saucepan (or just keep them fresh)
- Serve with pancake and/or with chocolate sauce above
TIP – For best fat-burning results, eat this after your workout!